Specifically, I represent parents or children in the following types of cases:
- Accusations of Abuse or Neglect of children
- Care & Protection cases in the juvenile and district courts
- Termination of parental rights in the juvenile, district and probate and family courts
- Department of Children and Families (DCF, formerly DSS) Investigations (51As) and Fair Hearings
- Guardianships of minors
- Child support
- Custody & Visitation
I have also handled many cases involving Education & Government Benefits, such as the following:
- Ensuring that the needs of special education students are met (i.e. 766, IDEA and 504 for elementary, middle and high school students)
- School discipline: CHINS, Truancy, manifestation hearings, positive behavioral plans, suspensions, exclusions and expulsions
- Home schooling
- Student rights violations (for elementary, middle and high school students, not preschool or post secondary students)
Finally, I offer consultation, advice and training to staff and volunteers of non-profit and other entities which work with children and families in areas involving policies and procedures for risk assessment and reduction.
This includes the following:
- Safe practices planning and implementation
- Mandatory Reporting of injured or neglected children (51As)
- Liability risk reduction
Most importantly, I handle each case PERSONALLY. Unless we agree to refer your case to a colleague with more specific expertise in your particular situation, I am the attorney who will be handling your case. With over a quarter century of experience in these cases, you can be assured of high quality representation and advice. If you have any questions regarding any of these areas, or you have a specific problem, call 781-373-1582 or click this link to send an email.
I offer free, brief telephone or email consultations on new matters, sliding scale fees, a flexible retainer policy and a reduced-cost initial office consultation.
NOW ACCEPTING MAJOR CREDIT CARDS through www.paypal.com.
Call the office for instructions on how to arrange payment by credit card, or if you already have an account with www.paypal.com, use email@example.com as the recipient.